Senior Financial Analyst - Spinnaker
Title: Senior Financial Analyst - Spinnaker
Location: Bedminster, New Jersey
Reports To: CFO and COO
Spinnaker is a national property and casualty insurance company rated A- VIII by A.M., that is a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Hippo Insurance. With the capability to offer admitted and surplus lines insurance products in 51 states and jurisdictions, Spinnaker partners with program administrators and managing general agents to offer strategic insurance solutions. We target innovative product market leaders across both personal and commercial lines, specialty lines, and traditional and non-standard fronting opportunities.
The Financial Operations Senior Analyst will be a member of the Company’s operations team reporting to the CFO and COO. You are responsible for servicing and managing all key aspects of Spinnaker’s program business including, contractual oversight, data and analytics, reinsurance operations, and claims. You will provide direct support for all key operational finance and accounting tasks. The role is not part of the accounting close process but is key to functions that feed into it. You will be working cross functional with underwriting, accounting, and operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the implementation and associated project management of all financial components of programs
- Track and reconcile all components of direct remittances with Third Parties (Program Administrators, Managing General Agents, and Third-Party Administrators), which is the key accounts receivables function at the Company. This will include monitoring funds due from Third Parties and ensuring complete and accurate application of cash.
- Read contracts, identify all financial obligations, and lead the implementation and tracking of such obligations
- Provide recommendations and feedback to underwriting and other departments on how to improve contractual terms to enhance operational efficency
- Read program financial statements and other due diligence materials to identify counterparty risks that may need to be reported, aggregated, and mitigated
- Track, perform and coordinate profit share and related calculations
- Coordinate and perform financial audit procedures of Third Parties in coordination with audits led by other departments
- Develop and provide reporting to management and business partners of key metrics
- Support underwriting and other departments with program onboarding as it relates to key financial provisions
- Provide financial analysis support on an ad-hoc/business partnering basis
- Create, implement, improve documentation, narratives, and SOPs associated with all program financial oversight
- Create and manage a calendar of all financial obligations associated with program oversight
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or similar
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience in accounting, auditing, or finance roles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
Nice to Haves:
- Property & Casualty insurance industry experience
- Experience with MGA program business
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts
for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicated
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Hippo Habitat - Bedminster, NJ location with free onsite parking
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?