Associate, Strategic Finance
Role: Associate, Strategic Finance
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reporting to: Director, Strategic Finance
Our mission is to deliver intuitive and proactive protection for homeowners, combining the power of technology with a human touch.
Hippo built the world’s first home protection platform. We believe that insurance should protect your home and the things you treasure with policies designed for modern lives and proactive protection that helps you care for your home. Our aim is to help you avoid issues before they become costly problems because the best claims experience is the one you don’t have. Simply put, Hippo exists to protect the joy of homeownership.
Strategic Finance at Hippo owns the long-term strategic plan and focuses on optimizing resource allocation to drive Hippo’s growth and long-term value creation. You will play a critical role in owning the company’s operating plan and developing scalable business models. You will partner with cross-functional teams to translate complex operational objectives into financial performance. You will help us see around corners and anticipate scenarios so that our teams can plan and invest every dollar wisely. You have strong analytical and communication skills and are passionate about fostering strong relationships at all levels of the organization. You will help grow our team to a world-class strategic finance team that is customer service-oriented and highly accountable.
What You'll Do:
- Own the short-term and long-term forecasting model to enable the Leadership team to make accurate and informed decisions
- Partner with key cross-functional teams to understand key business developments that may influence future projections
- Support end-to-end planning and execution of the long-term strategic plan and the Annual Operating Plan
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, including capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning
- Execute on key financial processes, including reporting, forecasting, budgeting, ROI- based resource allocation, internal and external benchmarking
- Track key performance metrics and provide actionable insights through reporting and ad hoc analysis
- 3-4 years’ experience with a minimum of 2 years' experience in either investment banking or management consulting (corporate finance experience preferred)
- Track record of top performance in intense, high performing teams
- Data-driven but also committed to supporting fast-paced, “good, not perfect” decision-making
- Excel wizard and can build and manage complex financial models
- Solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, and investment analysis
- Ability to understand and work with all lines of business
- Willing to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and accept new challenges
- Open to feedback; seeking to continuously improve, develop and innovate
- Bachelor’s degree finance, economics or a quantitative field required
Benefits and Perks:
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits - 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401(k), long & short-term disability, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Career Growth - Paid training opportunities and countless internal career growth opportunities
- Award-Winning Culture - Recognized by BuiltIn and Inc. Magazine as a top place to work - we value integrity, inclusiveness, empathy, and being proactive and dedicate
- Flexible Time Off - You know when and how you should recharge
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks of parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Hippo Habitat - Downtown Palo Alto location, 5-minutes from the Caltrain station. Fully stocked kitchen, and BBQ Fridays!
The SF Bay Area base pay for this role is $85,600 - $128,400. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, location, business needs and market demands.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?