Associate General Counsel
Hi Marley is the only digital collaboration platform built for insurance. With our innovative SaaS texting application, we’re on a mission to transform the insurance industry and we are having fun and learning along the way! We celebrate each other's victories in and outside of work, respect each other as individuals and professionals and value ideas over hierarchy. Hi Marley promotes a culture of continuous learning by always seeking ways to be better for ourselves, our team and our customers.
Hi Marley is the only digital communications platform built for insurance. With our innovative SaaS application, we are on a mission to transform the insurance industry one conversation at a time - and we are having fun and learning along the way! We celebrate each other's victories in and outside of work, respect each other as individuals and professionals and value ideas over hierarchy. Hi Marley promotes a culture of continuous learning, by always seeking ways to be better for ourselves, our team and our customers.
Hi Marley is looking for a skilled and experienced Associate General Counsel to join our team. As the Associate General Counsel, you will be responsible for overseeing all legal matters for our organization, providing strategic legal advice and ensuring that the company operates in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. This role will report to Hi Marley’s Chief Financial Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Advise the executive team and Board of Directors on legal matters related to the company's operations, including corporate governance, intellectual property, employment, privacy, and data security.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts with customers, vendors, and other third parties, including service agreements, licensing agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Manage and coordinate litigation matters, including working with outside counsel when necessary.
- Develop and implement company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct training and education sessions for employees to promote legal compliance and awareness.
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to identify and mitigate legal risks.
- Maintain corporate records, including Board Meeting minutes.
What we are looking for:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree from an accredited law school and a current license to practice law in the state where the company is located.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant legal experience, including experience working in-house at a technology or SAAS company.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate law, contracts, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to provide practical and creative legal solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, with a strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Who We Are:
Hi Marley has three core values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
- Max Courage - we encourage our team, our customers, and their customers to dream big, try new ideas and maximize impact by measuring risk.
- Be Humble – we lead with appreciation and promote a culture of humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone, anywhere.
- Ubuntu “I am because we are” - we believe true success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual aims behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
Benefits and Perks:
On top of an exciting, supportive and intellectually curious workplace, we provide:
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- A fun, lively startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
Hi Marley is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, where all employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves.
Hi Marley participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please review the documents under "E-Verify Poster" here: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/OnlineResources.aspx
Something looks off?