Tax Intern (Fall 2023)
Harness Wealth’s mission is to provide the next generation of builders confidence in the path to their best financial future.
Employees, founders, and investors at major tech companies of every size use our equity-focused personal finance tools and our marketplace to receive financial, tax, and trust & estate advice.
Harness Wealth is a holistic platform that seeks to make bespoke financial strategies accessible, intuitive, and valuable through online tools, education, and expert human advice from top-tier advisory firms.
Harness Tax is the tax division within Harness Wealth, providing innovative tax expertise to help build a holistic, modern tax offering.
As a Tax Intern, you will play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional service to our clients. You are a self-starter, great collaborator, hungry to learn about public accounting and are interested in how technology can improve the tax return process. You’re excited about working on a cross-functional team of Tax professionals to support individuals and their families.
What you'll be doing
- Support Associate, Sr. Associate and Managers conducting in-depth tax research
- Ensure client source documents are organized
- Upload and process client tax documents into Harness’ proprietary software
- Create open item lists for clients and communicate as necessary
- Prepare basic individual tax returns under the supervision of Harness Tax Professionals
- Work on strategic projects to improve operations at Harness
- Access to a network of experienced tax professionals to support your learning and development in the field
- Ability to work both remotely and in Harness’ SoHo headquarters
- Multiple networking events with other staff members
- Mentor opportunities with tax and technology professionals
- You are a Junior or Senior studying Accounting (or 1st or 2nd year Master's or LLM student)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive communication
- Ability to work independently, but also work well with others
- Harness Marketplace
Clients complete a profile based on their personal financial information, goals, and milestones. Based on this information, our algorithm recommends a set of financial, tax and/or trust & estate services and firms that are best suited for them. Each firm on the marketplace is personally screened and interviewed by Harness Wealth.
- Harness Tools
Clients manage their personal finances and strategically plan ahead for milestones using our tools. We provide users a balance sheet to monitor full net worth, including employee equity, crypto assets, and real estate, as well as tax planning tools to help navigate decisions around liquidity events.
- Harness Tax
Our in-house tax team offers flexible tax planning services that are tailored to our clients, such as planning for equity liquidity events, managing crypto assets, moving between different countries or states, and evaluating equity compensation packages.
- Lead by making others better.
- Care enough to have honest interactions.
- Value diversity in our team and partners to reflect the diverse future of wealth.
- Build trust at every client interaction.
- Provide clarity over simplicity, given that wealth is not simple.
- Empower people to make and be accountable for decisions.
- Fail fast, reflect, and evolve. Constantly.
- Take ownership. No job is too small or outside our job description.
We value people with a diversity of experiences. Harness Wealth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
Our full-time employee benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for by the company
- One Medical Group membership
- Cash-free equity program
- HSA and FSA
- Tax service discounts via Harness Tax
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym and fitness class memberships
- Open, unlimited vacation policy
(the above benefits do not apply to contract roles)
Something looks off?