Payroll & Benefits Partner
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company that offers a people-first lending experience in partnership with credit unions and other community-focused financial institutions. Our vision of transforming the lending industry comes to life through our connected platform of financial partners who help offer a happier digital lending experience that meets the needs of today’s customers. Through automation and proprietary underwriting models, we offer flexible rates and payment plans that work best for borrowers’ unique financial situations. And we are expanding the reach of our core product, The Payoff Loan™ for credit card debt reduction, to even more consumers via embedded financial services.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped over 310,000 borrowers since its inception – working with lending partners to fund more than $5.7 billion in loans*. As a fully distributed company, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of over 300 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
The People and Culture Team is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Partner to champion our benefits and support our employees while embodying our values of Love, Trust, Hustle. The Payroll & Benefits partner will own benefits including leaves of absence, payroll, and wellness initiatives. This role will report directly to the Senior Director of People & Culture.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Continuously evaluate innovative ways to support our team member well-being through programs, perks, and benefit offerings.
- Strong partnership with our benefits broker and the leadership team on making recommendations for competitive, cost-effective benefit offerings.
- Project manage annual benefit activities including our 401(k) audit, benefits renewal, open enrollment, and year-end.
- Support the day-to-day administration of the benefits function - leaves of absence, team member questions, life events, EOIs, benefit billing, communications/reminders, etc.
- Continuously adapt, optimize, and document our payroll processing procedures to keep up with company changes and growth.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and off-cycle payrolls for 230+ remote US employees across 30 states (and counting).
- Manage the registration, administration, and reconciliation of federal, state, and local tax accounts.
- Oversee administration of timesheets - configuration changes, reminders, adjustments, corrections, and any related documentation for team members and managers.
- Create standard operating procedures to support our existing processes.
- Ensure our benefits and wellness materials (benefit guides, intranet pages, onboarding deck) are accurate and engaging for our employees.
- Partner with internal and external resources to educate employees on their existing benefit offerings.
- Enhance our leave of absence process to ensure operational excellence and a white-glove approach that supports team members and their managers.
- Enhance our tax account registration tracking and reconciliation processes to provide a clear understanding of outstanding action items and tax remittances.
- Enhance our benefit reconciliation process to ensure accuracy in our overall benefit billing.
- 5+ years of experience in payroll and benefits administration
- Experience with UKG (formerly known as UltiPro)
- Solid understanding of federal, state and local wage & hour laws
- Solid experience in managing leave of absence cases across various states
- Experience administering state and local tax accounts
- Resourceful when faced with new challenges or wage/tax jurisdictions Comfortable using VLOOKUP, IF, pivot tables, and similar functions in Excel/Google Sheets
- Excited to partner with a diverse set of cross-functional partners
- Motivated by helping and supporting employees
Happy Money is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Happy Money is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.