Staff Full-Stack Engineer_UI Focus
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company that offers a people-first lending experience in partnership with credit unions and other community-focused financial institutions. Our vision of transforming the lending industry comes to life through our connected platform of financial partners who help offer a happier digital lending experience that meets the needs of today’s customers. Through automation and proprietary underwriting models, we offer flexible rates and payment plans that work best for borrowers’ unique financial situations. And we are expanding the reach of our core product, The Payoff Loan™ for credit card debt reduction, to even more consumers via embedded financial services.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped over 310,000 borrowers since its inception – working with lending partners to fund more than $5.7 billion in loans*. As a fully distributed company, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of over 300 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
+Join the team in leading the vision for our customer-facing platform product.
+Turn the platform vision into a clear roadmap and backlog to deliver our solution.
+Demonstrate understanding of tradeoffs inherent in software design.
+Prioritize team needs in technical debt and tooling to relieve operational load and evolve the system to meet the changing needs of the environment.
Lead Software Delivery Best Practices
+Leading by example, taking ownership of the design, development, testing and delivery of system components.
+Design, develop, test and deliver maintainable, scalable, fault-tolerant, and efficient systems.
+Upholding code quality to ensure features are up to standards to deliver a quality product.
Promote Healthy Team Dynamics
+Collaborate cross-functionally within our stream-aligned team to drive and implement the best solution.
+Mentoring engineers in software delivery best practices and Happy Money culture.
+Promote communication and encourage participation in group settings
- 8+ years experience as a full-stack software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility. Demonstrated experience designing and developing highly scalable systems.
- Delivering a product across the entire technology stack motivates you more than working in an individual silo of frontend or backend, but you have a stronger affinity and experience building frontend user interfaces and UI-based SDKs for other developers.
- Strong knowledge of concurrency and asynchronous multi-threading.
- Experience developing and integrating with internal as well as third-party APIs.
- Believe strongly in testing everything you design and develop using automation.
- Hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases and their trade-offs.
- Strong experience with Agile software engineering methodologies and practices.
- Strong leadership skills to help guide engineers in technical decisions in design, implementation, and risk analysis.
- Ability to scope, scale, and prioritize tasks to help team project plan and deliver on their milestones.
- Ability to coordinate feature development across multiple teams to align road maps to deliver critical features.
See more open positions at Happy Money
Something looks off?