Senior Front End Engineer- (React)
Named by Fast Company in its Top 10 Most Innovative FinTech Companies, Halo Investing is the first independent, multi-issuer platform for defined outcome investing. Halo Investing gives financial advisors, wealth managers and RIA’s access to structured notes, buffered ETFs, and annuities. By delivering the best pricing and execution to the clients it serves, Halo is changing the world of investing by democratizing the protective investment marketplace.
In October 2021, Halo announced that it raised over US $100 million in Series C funding. The latest fundraising round was led by Owl Capital and included the Mubadala-backed US $1 billion fund managed by Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners, in addition to existing investors Allianz Life Ventures and William Blair.
Halo is based in Chicago, with offices in Zurich and Abu Dhabi. We’ve balanced tremendous growth with strong company culture to create a uniquely motivated, dynamic, and proactive team. Above all, we value collaboration, communication, and passion!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to design, architect, and engineer our FinTech Platform. React 16+, Redux, Material-UI, HTML, and CSS -- If you live and breathe these tools, we want you. Do you want to build the front-end services that will power a financial revolution? Do you have the ability to scale in the face of unstoppable growth? Then read on – you are exactly who we're looking for. The ideal candidate should have experience working on the full lifecycle of a SaaS development project and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible for front-end web development
- Collaborate with your team to design new and enhanced features
- Ensure the scalability and quality of all code
- Provide leadership and insight into architectural decisions
- Be able to develop features using a design system
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience building UIs using React as the main framework, Next.js experience also a plus
- Experience in SaaS/platform architecture and SPAs
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, API design, etc. to articulate back-end requirements
- Experience creating component-based architecture for reusability, uniformity, and efficiency
- Comfortable in leadership, mentoring, code reviews, architecture decisions, best practice determination, convention creation, etc.
- Able to work with product management and design to bring requirements and mockups into reality on a feature to feature basis as well as overall platform design
- Ability to learn quickly, take ownership, and provide direction on projects that involve various functions and levels of professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skill
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental
- Flexible PTO
- 401k Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Hybrid WFH Environment
- Fun & Exciting work environment, including free snacks and onsite pop-a-shot
- Flexible and highly collaborative work environment
Halo Values Diversity and Inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to disability or special need when applying for a role or during our recruitment process, please contact us.
Something looks off?