Partner Success Manager, Embedded Payroll
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
You will be responsible for hands on work with our Gusto Embedded Payroll partners: driving go to market with an embedded payroll product, measuring our joint success with platform partners, and making and implementing recommendations for go-forward programs. Over time, you’ll iterate and build those programs for scale as we grow. You’ll be directly empowered by our head of partner management.
Gusto’s Business Development team focuses on evaluating and executing strategic partnerships in new categories. To date, Gusto’s platform has been integrated with and through partners in limited ways. Gusto Embedded Payroll allows us to bring our people platform to thousands more businesses than those we serve directly and will play a key role in Gusto’s growth.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Strategize & Plan: Develop specific per-partner success metrics and operating plans, in deep collaboration with product and partner enablement teams.
- Operate: Drive success for our partners and their end customers through adoption and utilization of Gusto’s embedded products.
- Teach: Help our platform partners learn to sell and market Gusto-powered people platform solutions.
- Measure What Matters: Own our operating success with your partners by optimizing onboarding, utilization, and satisfaction.
- Build: Create and expand a successful feedback loop between our partners, their end users, and Gusto’s internal product, marketing, engineering, and operations teams.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5–10 years of experience
- 2+ years in an external-facing role; 2+ years in a strategy or operations role
- Direct external-facing experience working with clients or partners
- Hands-on experience owning and growing a partner-oriented business
- Strong partnerships interest and acumen: understands partner lifecycle and investments required to enable partner success
- Excited by the combination of working deeply with individual partners and building for scale
- Strong sense of ownership and resilience; exceptional communicator (both written and verbal)
Our cash compensation range for this role is $127,000 - $157,000 in Denver, and $154,000 - $190,000 in San Francisco & New York. Remote locations will vary based on our geographical pay approach. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.