KYC Program Manager
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Amidst high growth, Gusto is expanding our BSA/AML Program to ensure it is scalable and as friction free as possible. We’re taking an innovative and expansive look at processes and alternative solutions in the industry and recruiting a focused team of financial crime compliance professionals. Gusto is seeking an experienced and dynamic financial crime compliance leader to join our team as our KYC Program Manager working in a hybrid role from one of our offices (in New York, San Francisco, or Denver) or completely remotely in the United States.
In addition to building and providing oversight of Gusto’s Know Your Customer (KYC) program, including being responsible for our Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Politically Exposed Person (PEP), and sanctions screening controls, you will have the opportunity to significantly impact our program through scaling the execution of day to day operations as well as with helping to evaluate, design, and implement new processes, systems, and controls. This role is a key member of the BSA/AML leadership team and reports directly to Gusto’s board-appointed BSA Officer.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide the day-to-day oversight of Gusto’s KYC and Sanctions compliance programs, serving as the subject matter expert for issue escalations from both our operations and business teams.
- Design, implement, and maintain Gusto’s KYC/KYB policies, procedures, and program documentation.
- Lead large scale KYC program initiatives including supporting the implementation of KYC solutions for Gusto Embedded partnerships, implementation of new onboarding tools/processes, and improving operational workflows to improve the customer onboarding experience.
- Provide KYC performance metrics, trend analysis, and recommendations to senior management.
- Contribute to company-wide compliance training initiatives.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on KYC operations/regulations to the business, cross-functional teams, and our banking partners.
- Partner with Legal and BSA Compliance Oversight to review regulatory updates and evaluate appropriate control enhancements to mitigate associated risks.
- Support the execution of the annual BSA independent audit as well as regulatory and partner exams by creating presentation materials and providing timely responses to inquiries.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of KYC experience at a regulated financial institution in the United States.
- 2+ years leading KYC program oversight or consulting on KYC program enhancements.
- Subject matter expertise in KYC/KYB and OFAC sanctions regulations and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of KYC, Sanctions, and Identity Verification vendors.
- Competency with G-Suite, Sheets, and Excel with exceptional presentation skills.
- Driven by a strong moral compass, is objective yet compassionate, and does the right thing every time.
- Adaptable leader who is passionate about team development and coaching and leads with compassion and empathy.
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels and with all teams at Gusto.
- Payroll Industry, Fintech, or Money Services Business (MSB) Experience
- Experience working with Marijuana Related Businesses (MRBs)
- Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS)
This position can either be fully remote or a hybrid position in our offices in New York, San Francisco, or Denver.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $125,000 - $150,000 for New York & San Francisco, and $105,000 - $130,000 for Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Something looks off?