Senior Analyst, Marketing Insights and Analytics
We have an exciting role in our Forecasting & Analytics (F&A) team within Revenue Operations (RevOps) which is a hot-topic area within growth businesses that have direct and sales-assisted motions. Via data, our team drives all aspects of optimizing revenue across all channels, from acquisition to conversion, encompassing the sales pipeline dynamics.
As the Senior Marketing Insights & Analytics Analyst at Gusto, you’ll sit in the center of helping us understand the performance of our marketing efforts. You’ll write SQL queries, build reports leveraging Google Sheets and Tableau, and deliver analysis to the final presentation form. You’ll be part of the Revenue Operations Analytics and Forecasting team surrounded by adept complementary partners in marketing, sales, data science, business intelligence, data engineering, finance, and more. Candidates should align with our company values, be highly self-motivated to drive results, and have an insatiable desire to learn, grow and solve the business problems they face.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide actionable reporting, analysis, and core metric dashboarding that helps marketing teams improve performance across channels
- Champion data literacy within the organization, build actionable data products, and drive adoption rates
- Work with the CRO’s leadership team to scope, evaluate, and build executive dashboards, data products, and data pipelines.
- Analyze cross channel data, including email marketing, upsell, retention, ads, customer segments to pinpoint opportunities to increase revenue and margin
- Provide analysis and insight on marketing and business development/partner marketing initiatives: campaign performance, channel contributions, attribution analysis, ROI, and performance against budget and forecast
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Business teams to build automated dashboards to help business partners and leadership make faster decisions
- Partner with Business Intelligence (BI) teams to scope and deliver dashboards using Tableau that enable data driven decision making
- Engage cross functionally with Sales and RevOps Excellence to build full funnel views of the prospect journey and strive for one single source of truth
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A passion for driving insights out of information to drive change in the organization
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- 8-10 years work experience in a high growth revenue-focussed environment
- Strong experience with data visualization tools (Tableau preferred)
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL proficiency (Redshift and DBT preferred)
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with other teams across the organization
- Strong oral and written communication
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression)
- Working knowledge of DBT and related DataOps practices
- Familiarity with web analytics tools like Amplitude
- Exposure to advanced Tableau techniques, such as embedded Python Data Science models
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $137,000 -$156,000/year in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?