Technical Account Manager
IT, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2022
Who We Are
Groundspeed is a fast-growing, fully-remote insurtech company funded by top venture firms like Insight Partners and Oak HC/FT. We’re helping the centuries-old, $800 billion commercial insurance industry transform inefficient processes. Our human-in-the-loop AI platform captures, structures, and delivers complete risk data to underwriters and business leaders — so they can make faster, smarter decisions.
Top insurers like Travelers, Liberty Mutual, and Swiss Re trust Groundspeed to help them win more business and operate more efficiently. We are recognized by industry analysts as an insurtech leader, and were recently named one of the Best Places to Work by Purpose Jobs. Historically headquartered in Ann Arbor, the Groundspeed team is now distributed across the U.S.
Groundspeed is a rapidly growing InsurTech with significant opportunities to create revenue growth from existing customers as well as capture new customers. Reporting to the CTO of Groundspeed, this role will contribute significantly to the upselling and cross-selling of existing customers by assessing any potential technical challenges within our customer’s environment. We are looking for an intelligent, driven, collaborative, and proven sales resource. This person will work closely with the executive team, including the SVP of Sales, SVP of Customer Success, SVP of Engineering, and the CTO of Groundspeed. We also exclusively focus on Commercial Insurance and need a person that not only understands insurance, but is also passionate about serving our customers.
What You'll Do
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on our client’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities.
- Help customers achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will benefit customers’ ongoing usage of Groundspeed.
- Help customers achieve elevated success by ensuring Groundspeed’s full capabilities are deployed with the customer’s technical environments.
- Understand and advocate for deeper use and innovation of the Groundspeed solution within the client’s business.
- Attain Trusted Advisor status with both key business and technical decision-makers.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews working with both the Customer Success Manager and the Account Executive.
- Liaise with the product and support teams to provide real-world feedback on our solutions.
- Provide timely executive-level summary status reports both internally and to the customer.
- Also, become a key resource for Account Executives during the Proof of Concept process within targeted new business opportunities.
- Demo and present Groundspeed’s technical capabilities with both existing and potential new customers while teaming with the Account Executive.
What We'd Like to See
- 5+ years of experience in account management, post-sales engineering, solutions architecture, or similar disciplines
- Proven ability to assess, diagnose, and solve problems with a customer’s environment
- Experience in calling on the property and casualty insurance industry
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with Python scripts for data manipulation (experience with Pandas or other Python data manipulation frameworks a plus)
- Comfortable working with SQL and MongoDB Query Language
- Comfortable with Excel, familiarity with BI/Reporting tools a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to investigate reported issues and recommend solutions, as well as provide product enhancement guidance
- Ability to work with customers to define and implement business solutions using Groundspeed services
- Experience in delivering demonstrations and business presentations
- Active team player, self-starter, and multitasker who can quickly adjust priorities.
- Commitment to working from the company CRM system
- Bachelor’s degree
We are Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Groundspeed is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nativity, neurodiversity, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about Groundspeed, please visit www.groundspeed.com.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer.
Groundspeed Analytics, Inc. respects the privacy of your data. *If you are a resident of the State of California, please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.
See more open positions at Groundspeed
Something looks off?