Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
Greenlight is looking for a backend Software Engineer to focus on backend node.js product development. This role will work on a Scrum team on two-week sprints. This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node/Typescript
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
- Building and supporting microservices in Node/Typescript that support our core product.
- Working with the Cloud Infrastructure team to deploy your services in Kubernetes on AWS
- Continuously evaluate and improve your code quality and the reliability and availability of your teams’ services through metrics, monitoring, and testing
- Developing and maintaining REST APIs
- Building, supporting, and operating your services for use within Greenlight engineering and for our partners
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Node/Typescript
- Experience with large-scale performant applications using cloud architecture and services - AWS and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience building quality software and writing your own unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.