Senior Mobile Engineer, Android
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Mobile Engineer, Android with experience in building apps with high importance to UX experience, performance and quality. Someone who loves to work together as a team to build solutions/capabilities that can be reused across multiple teams and domains. Also enjoy learning and growing each day.
The ideal candidate has working experience in Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Jetpack Navigation. Understands the Android SDKs and frameworks to a great extent.
Technologies we use:
- Frontend: Kotlin+Compose for Android, Swift+SwiftUI for iOS
- Backend: Node.js & Kotlin
- REST, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- and more..
- Redesigning a lot of the client experiences on the consumer app in a new and refreshed way using Kotlin and Compose
- Build new product features for Greenlight families with great user experience
- Continuously evaluate and improve your code quality and performance.
- Write your own Unit and Functional tests
- Work closely with the backend team while building out client <> server apis (REST and graphQL)
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable releases
- Focus on Modularization, Reliability and Reusability
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Kotlin is a MUST
- 5+ years of solid Android experience
- Experience building UI with Jetpack Compose is a plus
- Experience building quality apps
- A passion for building reusable solutions
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.