Administration, People & HR, Operations
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We’re looking for a Billing Supervisor to join our Financial Operations team that provides the invoicing and payments function for our clients. The Billing Supervisor is responsible for leading the billing team and ensuring all of Gravie’s customers are billed timely and accurately. This role will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that customers are onboarded to Gravie’s systems accurately and set up to be invoiced and pay claims timely.
· Oversee the preparation of invoices for all Gravie products
· Train, manage and develop the billing team employees
· Take the lead addressing and resolving escalated invoicing issues
· Partner with the operations teams to streamline Gravie’s implementation process
· Develop, track and report on key performance metrics for the billing processes
· Identify opportunities to create scalable processes and enhance tools to improve the efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of billing processes
· Work with the accounting team to ensure monthly journal entries are recorded accurately
· Play a key role in financial operations projects and initiatives that impact the billing department
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative and outcome oriented
· 5+ years of experience in financial operations or relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Ability to set priorities with excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Demonstrated success achieving results through collaboration
· Previous experience managing a billing or shared service team
· Experience working in healthcare and with claims systems
· History of managing complex processes and multi-layered projects
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.