Vice President of Pharmacy
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
A Little More About Us:
· We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space.
· We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022.
· We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized.
· Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common.
· Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you.
· It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
A Little More About The Job:
We’re looking for a Vice President of Pharmacy to join our team. This newly created position will be an important member of the leadership team, providing oversight and strategic direction for pharmacy services at Gravie. This individual will report to our Chief Medical Officer and will work closely with our clinical programs, product strategy, health plan operations, and analytics teams to drive superior results to our members. You’ll do this by designing and enabling effective pharmacy programs and services, routing members appropriately, and spearheading improvements with our Pharmacy Benefit Manager partners. This is an incredible opportunity to build a Pharmacy team from the ground up, designing the system in a smart way that represents how our members want to receive care in today’s world.
· Design and execute on a vision for pharmacy operations that ensures Gravie members receive timely, evidence-based and clinically appropriate interventions. You’ll architect, implement, and oversee systems and processes to achieve these objectives, while collaborating closely with multiple internal and external teams.
· Create and oversee the strategy for controlling pharmacy costs for the member and for Gravie. This will include appropriate negotiations with PBM partners and a high level of comfort with the the financial relationships in the system in order to drive value and eliminate waste.
· Design, implement, and measure outcomes associated with a variety of clinical and quality interventions. This will require a close partnership with our clinical services and care navigation team to roll out pharmacy programs.
· Collaborate with product strategy, underwriting, analytics, and actuarial teams to measure, interpret, and manage the clinical performance of Gravie’s pharmacy products and services.
· Build a team to deliver and expand Gravie’s pharmacy services as the company and membership scales.
· Work closely with product strategy teams and provide clinical insights that help to inform new product development. You’ll offer a clinical perspective to help identify areas of opportunity, contribute to the design of products to best address those opportunities, help to design member and employer engagement to drive the best clinical outcomes.
· Oversee and provide strategic direction to Gravie’s vendor partners and programs offering pharmacy services; lead the decision to build vs partner with a vendor to accomplish certain pharmacy goals.
· Provide input to underwriting on potential pharmacy claim liabilities. Collaborate closely with that team to help them understand ranges of possibilities and cost estimates.
· Contribute to Gravie’s high claimant risk review process, working with various stakeholders across the business and contributing your clinical expertise. Rethink high-cost claimants from a prospective, clinical angle.
· Participate in utilization management and prior authorization oversight.
· Actively participate in all quality improvement projects and initiatives.
· Support account management and sales functions.
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented.
· Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an accredited institution (required)
· Advanced residency training (preferred)
· 10+ years relevant experience in managed care (required), ideally with a health plan/insurer or pharmacy benefit manager
· Strong leadership skills, with experience building and scaling high performing teams
· Solid communication skills, ability to articulate relevant information about complex medical conditions to a variety of audiences
· Comfort with clinical analytics tools and datasets
· Vendor management and oversight experience
· Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.
See more open positions at Gravie
Something looks off?