Manager, Software Engineering
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We are seeking a Manager of Software Engineering to lead our software engineering teams as we continue to grow and expand our capabilities. This position reports under a Director Product Engineering, where you will be responsible for owning and driving all aspect of software engineering for a subset of our technology-based offerings. You, along with others, will be responsible for continuously improving our software development processes and driving uniformity across our teams. You will build software for Gravie’s end-users as well as for internal use in business process integration and optimization.
If you have a passion for working with motivated teams to disrupt an industry, Gravie may be the perfect opportunity for you.
· Lead a team of software engineers tasked with developing software for end-users and streamlining and enhancing internal business operations.
· Provide accurate estimation on timelines, deliverables, availability, scalability, success metrics, and overall quality.
· Effectively manage and communicate progress, status, risks, and mitigation strategies throughout.
· Utilize your technology expertise to solve business problems, make technical decisions, and bring innovative products to market.
· Collaborate in the design and development of products. You will use design and system thinking principles to develop products and solutions that are highly desirable, easy to use, and sustainable for the business.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional teams.
· Help define Gravie's processes, technology, tools, and operations with an eye on scalability and traceability, and achieve alignment across teams.
· Prioritize quality to ensure the performance, scalability, and reliability of our products and systems.
· Promote the health of software products through code reviews, technical mentorship, tech talks, and the expansion of best practices.
· Prioritize the security and compliance of all products and solutions to ensure their safety and adherence to regulations.
· Recruit, hire, train, and manage the performance of individuals and teams.
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic, and outcome-oriented.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, MIS, or SE or equivalent work experience.
· 7+ years development experience that includes web applications, microservices, APIs, container based and cloud native applications, and mobile application using native technologies (iOS/Swift and Android/Kotlin)
· Experience managing or leading a team of software engineers with ability to optimize team results through hands-on leadership, performance management, rewards and recognition, and coaching
· Experience leading software development initiatives end-to-end, with components of UX design, API development, data storage, decision-making algorithms, automation, and scalable web and mobile applications. Experience with consumer-facing products is preferred.
· Ability to turn complex challenges into organized, scalable, technical solutions.
· Strong project management and execution experience, with the ability to effectively communicate progress, status, risks, and mitigations.
· Strong technical acumen, including experience leading technical design and driving the transition of products from monoliths to microservices-based platforms.
· Experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders, including the VP of engineering, CTO, product managers, product owners, business owners, internal and external customers, technology partners, operations, support groups, and enterprise program managers (EPMO).
· Experience and deep understanding of multiple Agile methodologies and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, BDD, Jobs to be Done, etc.), with a greater emphasis on value over dogmatic adherence to specific processes.
· Experience with functional programming (Clojure, ClojureScript)
· Experience with Java, Groovy
· Experience with AWS
· Experience with workflow engines and integration frameworks.
· Experience with Salesforce
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.
See more open positions at Gravie
Something looks off?