Director, Product Support and Maintenance
Product, Customer Service
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We are seeking a highly qualified Director of Product Support and Maintenance to lead our software engineering team responsible for maintaining our application systems. This position reports under the VP of Product Engineering and you will be responsible for overall team management and maturing team to support production management operations. Help define Gravie's processes, technology, tools, and operations with an eye on scalability and traceability, and achieve alignment across teams.
If you have a passion for working with motivated teams to disrupt an industry, Gravie may be the perfect opportunity for you.
· Manage a team of software engineers and product support and operations specialists tasked with supporting and maintaining software by troubleshooting, coding solutions and making necessary configuration adjustments
· Utilize your technology expertise to solve business problems, make technical decisions, and bring innovative products to market
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization across business teams and engineering
· Establish and report on appropriate support and maintenance metrics
· Effectively manage and communicate progress, status, risks, and mitigation strategies on a regular cadence
· Be comfortable with managing requests coming from multiple sources and bring order and confidence into chaotic situations
· Prioritize quality to ensure the performance, scalability, and reliability of our products and systems
· Continuously monitor and respond promptly to system alerts to minimize downtime
· Prioritize the security and compliance of all products and solutions to ensure their safety and adherence to regulations
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic, and outcome-oriented
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, MIS, or SE or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of engineering management experience that includes running a customer support and maintenance team
· Proven expertise in application development and support environment with more than one technology and multiple design techniques
· Experience understanding customers critical needs within context of the business
· Ability to turn complex challenges into organized, scalable, technical solutions.
· Ability to align team towards achieving organizational objectives.
· Experience with cloud native and on-premises architectures, containers, mobile, web, architectural patterns for distributed computing, and integrations with third-party systems.
· Experience working effectively with multiple stakeholders, including the VP of engineering, CTO, product managers, product owners, business owners, internal and external customers, technology partners, operations, support groups, and enterprise program managers (E-PMO).
· Experience and deep understanding of multiple Agile methodologies and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, BDD, Jobs to be Done, etc.), with a greater emphasis on value over dogmatic adherence to specific processes.
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.
See more open positions at Gravie
Something looks off?