Analytics Product Manager
Product, Data Science
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
We’re looking for an Analytics Product Manager. This role will work closely with business teams to identify goals and think strategically about how data could help achieve their goals. The Analytics Product Manager will then partner with teams across Data Analytics, Reporting, and the Analytics & Data Engineering to deliver the optimal solution, whether that is producing robust statistical analysis, creating new data assets, or building self-service analytics. The ideal candidate has experience applying their business analysis and analytics strategy skills to lead and refine the definition of analytics solutions, and excellent project management skills to enable rapid delivery of impactful data solutions that create meaningful business value.
· Understand business processes and identify their objectives to define scalable analytics solutions that will help the business achieve their goals and inform their business decisions.
· Act as intermediary between business leaders and Analytics Engineers to define business requirements and own the outcome of delivering analytics solutions based on robust, developer-ready requirements that you author.
· Translate to the broader reporting and partner technical teams, including engineering, the tactical actions to address the strategic direction provided by leadership.
· Proactively prevent and remove roadblocks for cross-functional teams to meet quality standards, project deadlines, and business objectives, limiting rework.
· Work with the business partners to understand the value and quantify the impact of their data and analytics needs.
· Inform and oversee robust project plans along with defining requirements and creating and maintaining supporting documentation.
· Deliver an innovative self-service analytics platform that enables all business users to answer data-related questions on their own.
· Play a key role in establishing standards and leading business ownership of data assets to enhance data governance and data quality.
· Develop, track, and analyze key metrics to evaluate the successes and opportunities for improvement for the data-related products and teams.
· Understand the health benefits market to inform data and analytics product design and development decisions.
· Provide leadership and mentorship to team members and project teams
· Demonstrate commitment to core Gravie competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, and outcome oriented.
· 5+ years of product owner and business analyst experience in analytics or reporting at a technology focused organization.
· Strong strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills; ability to internalize complex processes and formulate plans to improve them with data.
· Exceptional project management skills, balancing prioritization of several projects to drive team to meet milestone deadlines and implement, or operate to, best practices.
· Ability to thrive with ambiguity, shifting gears and making judgement calls to act without complete information.
· Experience with launching a successful self-service reporting platform
· Input into epic and story definition in an Agile development environment.
· Proven ability to motivate, coach, train and positively influence others.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and engage with people across levels and degrees of technical expertise.
· Knowledge of the healthcare or health benefit and insurance industry
· Experience working in a (100-500 person) startup environment
· Knowledge of SQL or Tableau
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.
See more open positions at Gravie
Something looks off?