Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
Hi, we’re Gravie. Our mission is to improve the way people purchase and access healthcare through innovative, consumer-centric health benefit solutions that people can actually use. Our industry-changing products and services are developed and delivered by a diverse group of unique people. We encourage you to be your authentic self - we like you that way.
A Little More About Us:
· We know healthcare. Our company was founded and is still led by industry veterans who have started and grown several market-leading companies in the space.
· We are quickly becoming one of the fastest growing health benefits companies in the country. We have received numerous awards and accolades, including Inc. Magazine Best in Business Gold Medal award in 2021, and JMP Securities Top 50 Private Companies in Insurtech in 2022.
· We have raised money from top tier investors who share the same long-term vision as we do of building an industry defining company that will endure over the long run. We are well capitalized.
· Our customers like us. Our revenue churn is in the low single digits, in an industry where greater than 20% churn is common.
· Our culture is unique. We tend to be non-hierarchical, merit-driven, opinionated but kind people who thrive working in a high-performance, fast-paced environment. People at Gravie care deeply about making a positive impact in the lives of the people we serve. We may not be the right place for everybody, but if you get energized by doing work every day that focuses on putting consumers at the front of the line, we could be a great place for you.
· It takes unique people and diverse perspectives to deliver our results. We encourage you to be your authentic self – we like you that way.
A Little More About the Role:
We’re looking for an experienced and effective Platform Engineer to support our application infrastructure as we grow. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for automating systems and infrastructure.
· Create automated service delivery pipelines to build and maintain cloud infrastructure.
· Design, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information
· Design and implement proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of our cloud infrastructure
· Manage high availability and disaster recovery systems, procedures, and readiness
· Work with development and testing teams to provide tools to support development and optimization of code
· Produce high quality systems documents as necessary
· Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented.
· Bachelor’s degree in technology field or equivalent.
· Experience with cloud infrastructure definition tools such as AWS CloudFormation, CDK, and Terraform.
· Experience with server configuration management software (e.g., Salt, Ansible).
· Experience building service delivery pipelines using a CI/CD system such as Jenkins, GitLab, or CodePipeline.
· Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments.
· Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures.
· Solid AWS cloud experience.
· Experience with virtualization and containerization.
· Experience with monitoring systems such as AWS CloudWatch and Datadog.
· Solid Git and scripting skills (e.g. bash shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby, Groovy)
· Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
· Excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills.
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
· Previous start up company experience
Competitive pay is standard. Our unique benefits program is the gravy, i.e., the special sauce that sets our compensation package apart. In addition to standard benefits, Gravie’s package includes alternative medicine coverage, flexible PTO, 16 weeks paid parental leave, paid holidays, cell phone reimbursement, education reimbursement, and 1 week of paid paw-ternity leave just to name a few.
See more open positions at Gravie
Something looks off?