Director of Cloud and IT
This is a hybrid role based in Boston.
If you want to work on cutting edge technology with friendly, intelligent people in a highly collaborative environment, then Gradient AI is the right place for you. We are looking for a Director of Cloud and Information Technology to lead our AWS, Information Security, and IT teams. This role is a senior role reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. The role collaborates with teams across the entire company and is responsible for Gradient AI’s Cloud and physical infrastructure.
Gradient AI is a fast-growing startup, bringing state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to the trillion-dollar insurance industry. Our software-as-a-service platform provides bias-free, data-driven insights, enabling insurance companies to profitably run their business and expand their offerings to underserved people and markets.
How will you make an impact
- Grow and build a world-class DevOps, Information Security, and IT team
- Work closely with teams across the company to plan and execute on strategic projects
- Ensure systems and infrastructure are running reliably to ensure smooth business operations
- Lead the development and implementation of processes and procedures to support secure operations and successful completion of required audits (SOC2, HITRUST, etc.)
Skills needed to succeed:
- 10+ years of experience coaching and growing DevOps, IT, and Information Security personnel.
- Excellent understanding of cloud technologies and architectures, AWS is preferred.
- Proficient in managing physical IT systems including Macintosh-based & Windows-based environments and networking equipment.
- Experience with external audit processes, SOC2 & HITRUST preferred.
- Strong understanding of Information Security principles with experience in applying them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to collaborate teams across the company.
What We Offer:
- A fun, team-oriented startup culture.
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Flexible schedule that supports working from home.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer.