Senior Underwriting Consultant
About Gradient AI:
Gradient AI is a fast-growing startup, bringing state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to the trillion-dollar insurance industry. Founded in 2018, we are a well-financed, have raised approximately $28.5 million, and rapidly growing start up. Our software-as-a-service platform provides bias-free, data-driven insights, enabling insurance companies to profitably run their business and expand their offerings to underserved people and markets.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Director/VP to act as the General Manager (GM) for our Health Insurance division. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. You will work closely with our leadership and staff to evolve strategic recommendations regarding our AI/ML product offerings.
We are looking for someone to think strategically and work collaboratively with our technical, sales, and client services teams in our rapid expansion into the Health Insurance Underwriting and Health Insurance Analytics market.
- Manage our Health Insurance solutions from end-to-end
- Translate complex AI/ML modeling techniques and methodologies into real-world business terms for health insurance underwriting and pricing use cases
- Participate in the sales and client process as a subject matter expert, while also serving in a consultative role for strategic clients
- Serve as a critical communication liaison to ensure that our technical team of data scientists deliver what our clients want and need
- Oversee engagements and drive positive results for our clients through timely and accurate delivery of our solutions
- Help our clients understand how to best leverage and apply our solutions in their business operations to achieve optimal outcomes
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree; 12+ years' experience working in a health insurance setting
- Deep subject matter expertise in health insurance across various sectors including carriers/payers, MGAs, brokers, TPAs, PEOs, etc
- Experience developing health insurance pricing and product plans from the ground up
- Experience working with technical teams and underwriting/ actuary teams
- Exposure or genuine interest in how AI/ML can change the insurance industry
- Excellent client-facing presence and communication skills; experience leading and managing teams
- Analytical problem-solving skills and familiarity with statistical and database languages like Python and SQL are nice to have
- ASA or FSA certification is a positive, but not necessary
What We Offer:
- A fun, team-oriented startup culture
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible schedule that supports working from home
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities
We are an equal-opportunity employer.