Senior Actuarial Consultant
Gradient AI is a fast-growing startup, bringing state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to the trillion-dollar insurance industry. Founded in 2018, we have recently raised $20M from top Insurtech investors to continue fueling our growth. Our software-as-a-service platform provides bias-free, data-driven insights, enabling insurance companies to profitably run their business and expand their offerings to underserved people and markets.
About the role:
We are looking for an Actuarial Consultant to support our health insurance team and products. This person will work closely with our internal client executive and technical teams, while also playing a significant role in supporting our clients. With a background in health insurance underwriting, this person will draw on deep domain experience to ensure we ask the right questions, use the best tools, and articulate the best use of our models for our clients.
- Arm our client services team and clients with actuarial strategies and tactics to best leverage our products
- Serve as a subject matter expert to our clients by proactively anticipating questions and preparing client services with resources to address concerns
- Serve as liaison between Product, Engineering/Data Science, and Client Executive teams
- Participate in client review calibrations and renewal analytic deliverables
- Serve as a strategic resource to clients by analyzing underwriting guidelines, processes, and data in order to and provide recommendations to improve their business
- Field questions that range from technical understanding of ML models to general understanding of implementation tasks and milestones
- Understand commitments made to clients in the pre-sales process to ensure newly implemented solutions are actionable and delivered as expected
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Economics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a health underwriting or actuarial health underwriting support role
- Experience working for a carrier, brokerage, or actuarial consulting firm is a bonus
- Must have an ASA or FSA certification
- Subject matter expert in health insurance and underwriting
- Employer stop-loss experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills with client-facing experience
- Must have expertise in using Excel
- Experience using SQL and Tableau (or other business intelligence software) preferred
- Be passionate about bettering the health insurance industry with cutting edge technology
What We Offer:
- A fun, team-oriented startup culture.
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Flexible schedule that supports working from home.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- We are an equal opportunity employer