Senior Data Engineer
Gradient AI delivers state-of-the art artificial intelligence and Machine Learning solutions to the trillion-dollar insurance industry. AI has emerged as a disruptive force revolutionizing the way insurance professionals achieve their objectives, and Gradient AI is leading the charge. Our team is made up of Data Science and Insurance Technology experts with a history of building wildly successful technology companies. If you are passionate about making a difference for customers, and collaborating with passionate colleagues, then Gradient AI might be the right place for you.
If you want to work on cutting-edge technology with friendly, intelligent people in a highly collaborative environment, then Gradient AI is the right place for you. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team to design and implement data pipelines, optimize existing models, and create standardization as we move into new lines of business. The ideal candidate is a life-long learner who knows object-oriented coding and has experience with business intelligence reporting tools.
- Analyze complex data schemas and relationships to implement information models to capture the data and data relationships.
- Create ETL processing logic to manage large volume client data sets associated with various types of insurance lines including Worker’s Compensation, Health, and Auto.
- Integrate 3rd party commercial and public domain data sets to enhance and extend Gradient AI’s ML data assets.
- Design and implement data pipelines for processing data as part of the overall ML Ops strategy within Gradient AI’s Cloud deployment.
- Collaborate with data scientists to “featurize” the information models and construct Machine Learning models.
- Assist software engineering team to design and create integration APIs and applications that sit on top of Gradient AI’s ML data assets.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Fluency in SQL and experience with relational and non-relational/alternative databases; Postgres is a desirable
- Demonstrated ability to write effective, scalable Python code (or other similar object-oriented languages)
- Experience with ETL / BPM. Exposure to tools like Databricks Amazon Glue, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow is desirable
- Exposure working in a cloud-computing environment (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Comfortable with Linux, including developing shell scripts
- Experience working with insurance data is desirable
What We Offer:
We are an equal opportunity employer that offers a number of benefits and perks to accommodate all types. Bring your authentic self to work in our supportive workplace where we offer:
- A fun and fast-paced startup culture
- A culture of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability, life insurance, and more
- Unlimited vacation days and ample holidays- we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it
- Competitive salary and generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities
Something looks off?