Genesis Global Trading
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Security Architect
Genesis is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cyber Security Architect to join our team. The Cyber Security Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing secure systems, networks, and infrastructure to protect our organization from cyber threats. The candidate will work alongside the Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, and Audit teams to develop and refine the security program’s policies, standards, and procedures alongside the security risk management program.
- Develop and implement cyber security policies and procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our organization's data and systems
- Develop cyber security technical roadmaps to drive continuous cybersecurity transformation and improvements in the company’s overall defense posture
- Design and implement secure networks, systems, and core and cloud infrastructure, ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, test, and implement security solutions
- Lead incident response efforts aiding in the detection, response, and remediation of security issues.
- Conduct security assessments and audits, and recommend improvements to existing security controls and practices
- Participates in the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options
- Deploy, configure, and maintain security baselines within the Azure and/or AWS cloud environment
- Develop and update cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for team members and other teams establishing cloud infrastructure design, migrating infrastructure to cloud, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solution
- Designing, and integrating marketplace leading vulnerability management, threat management, monitoring, and data protection processes and platform tools
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and emerging cyber threats, and continuously improve our organization's security posture
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and training to other team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security architecture, design, and implementation
- Expertise in cyber security technologies, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, encryption, network segmentation, and security information and event management (SIEM) systems
- Experience in conducting security assessments and audits, and familiarity with industry standards such as ISO 27001, NIST, and CIS Controls
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CCSP are highly desirable
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
The base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $170,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential bonus amounts. Factors that may impact the agreed upon base salary for a particular candidate include years of experience, skill set, and other external factors.
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Please review our Privacy Polices for CCPA and GDPR here
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?