Associate, Internal Audit
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Internal Audit
Internal Audit at Gemini is dedicated to providing independent assurance of the design and effectiveness of internal controls while working with business partners to solve problems and optimize the control environment for speed and reliability.
The Role: Associate, Internal Audit
Reporting to Internal Audit Management, the Associate Internal Auditor is responsible for executing internal audits across Gemini’s Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk, People, and Growth departments. The role's primary responsibilities include audit execution with a focus on controls testing, collaborating with the Risk and Compliance departments on controls testing activities, and validating remediation activities for internal audit issues. The Associate Internal Auditor has a unique opportunity to help create a modern Internal Audit department in the evolving, fast-paced digital assets industry.
The Associate Internal Auditor will help Gemini manage and monitor existing and emerging risks as well as partner with business lines to enhance controls and improve core processes. The Associate Internal Auditor will assist in internal audit execution, including walkthrough and controls testing documentation, and validate issue remediation activities. Internal Audit is one of the few functions that has the opportunity to make an impact on all lines of business to ensure critical processes are well controlled and optimized for delivering value to our customers with speed and reliability. The Associate Internal Auditor will need to have strong attention to detail with a focus on results, a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to problem solving, and an ability to make good and fast decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Execute internal audits in accordance with professional standards, company policies, and regulatory requirements. This primarily includes control testing and issue identification.
- Track internal audit issues from identification to closure. Validate remediation activities to satisfy issue closure.
- Evaluate methods to streamline audit approaches and methodologies, improve control testing activities, and enhance continuous monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Risk and Compliance departments on control testing activities and maintenance of the process, risk, and control library.
- Build relationships with process owners and stakeholders to provide meaningful improvements as a result of issues identified during internal audits or during process development, while maintaining the independence of the 3rd Line of Defense.
- Participate in the annual internal audit risk assessment process, including the scoring and documentation of risk ratings.
- 2+ years experience in an internal audit, risk management, and/or controls role, ideally from a Big 4 consulting firm, or other technology, financial services, or FinTech company.
- Previous experience in control identification, control description documentation, and control testing.
- Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment and "roll up sleeves" when priorities or project scopes change.
- Ability to use data analytics and automation to perform audit activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with process owners and stakeholders related to internal audit expectations and findings that impact their business lines.
- Strong written communication skills, including drafting control testing workpapers and issues identified.
- Proven ability to meet audit budget and timeline constraints and to identify and escalate issues that may impact audit progress.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage time amongst various activities and prioritize highest impact areas of focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related field, or commensurate work experience.
- Experience using G Suite and audit workpaper management software.
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $75,000 - $104,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.