Principal, Institutional Sales
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Institutional Sales
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit, even for institutional clients. In Gemini Institutional, we build deep partnerships with our clients and we are here to support and enable their digital asset endeavors.
The Role: Principal, Institutional Sales
This is the perfect role for someone who has spent some time honing their institutional sales and trading skills within both a traditional financial services firm and a crypto native platform. This person will be responsible for generating and managing their own independent pipeline of prospective clients. In addition, this person must be a strategic thinker who can help product managers effectively prioritize critical client feedback to influence the development of new product features and innovations.
- Identify and leverage trends in institutional adoption of digital assets in order to grow the institutional client population on the platform
- Own the entire client lifecycle from prospecting, onboarding, trading, and ongoing account management
- Work with clients directly on OTC transactions, with the help of the OTC trading team
- Supervise the DDQ / RFP process with large institutional clients
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience, preferably in an institutional sales or trading role for a traditional investment bank, asset manager, brokerage firm, or crypto native platform
- Experience with OTC derivative sales and trading
- Demonstrate a track record of interest in digital assets
- Approach every project with a beginner’s mind, ready to challenge the status quo
- Ability to execute quickly and decisively in ambiguous situations
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary for this role is $150,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This base is not inclusive of the role's commission structure or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.