Senior Manager, Threat Detection and Response
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Gemini security team forms the backbone of trust. In fact, Gemini’s very first hires were security specialists and we continue to tackle unique challenges in the crypto space. Our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Senior Manager, Threat Detection and Response
This role will lead a high-caliber team of security engineers who hunt for threats, detect incidents, and respond to contain impacts across Gemini’s environments. In this management role, you will set technical strategy and roadmap to continuously advance our detection, monitoring, and response capabilities using leading tools and automation.
While empowering your team through mentorship and development, you will also provide hands-on oversight and validation of security investigations, forensic analysis, remediation, and improvements to reduce risk. By partnering cross-functionally across Gemini, you will enhance visibility, alerting, and coordinated response capabilities. Your mandate is maturing Gemini’s security operations function by promoting a culture of learning, resilience, and excellence in protecting Gemini against sophisticated attacks.
This role is open to remote candidates.
- Lead, manage, recruit, develop, and mentor a team of security detection and response engineers
- Drive continuous improvements to reduce risk, dwell time, and blast radius
- Partner cross-functionally to enhance monitoring, alerting, and automation
- Oversee major incident investigations and remediation efforts
- Evangelize security best practices and culture of constant learning
- 7+ years managing security operations teams
- Expert knowledge of SIEMs, endpoint detection, threat intelligence, and related disciplines
- Experience investigating and remediating major security incidents
- Technical acumen to partner closely with security engineer
- Experience building proactive threat hunting and automation programs
- Experience leading security operations in cloud-native environments
- Experience in fraud investigations, especially within finance and/or crypto
- Experience building and leading globally distributed security teams
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $198,000 - $277,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.