Principal, Business Development
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Nifty Gateway (Growth)
Our Growth team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors who work to proactively build Nifty Gateway as an industry-leading NFT marketplace. Working cross-functionally across departments to bring the best content and collecting experience possible, to life for our users.
The Role: Principal, Business Development
Gemini is looking for a Principal, Business Development to grow our business globally. This person will play a significant part in broadening Nifty Gateway’s reputation as a trusted, high-quality NFT marketplace for creators and brands, and will use a thoughtful, authentic, and knowledgeable approach to growth to gain new business and to cultivate established relationships.
This position is full-time and will work closely with the Head of Business Development, as well as our leadership.
- Become a subject matter expert across Nifty Gateway’s product suite
- Prospect and generate new business for Nifty Gateway
- Work with Nifty Gateway leadership team to identify and implement key sales/business development targets in the market
- Own lead development process fully, from inception to contract completion
- Own relationship management processes for existing and acquired clients
- 6+ years of relevant experience in business development with a clear track record of meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals
- Extensive experience managing valuable relationships, UHNW clients, Fortune 500 brands, and/or institutions
- Minimum 1 year experience in the Web3 space - crypto or NFTs preferable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinker
- Proficiency in client relationship management processes and best practices
- Self-starter with passion for learning about new technology and the ability to roll up sleeves
- Experience in a startup environment
- Global market experience
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $158,000 - $221,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?