Office Services Intern
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Real Estate and Security Operations
The Role: Office Services Intern
The Office Services team at Gemini are ambassadors of our core values, dedicated to supporting the company through rapid growth and beyond. The Office Services team is seeking an office intern whose main duties will focus on office management, facilities coordination and community engagement. You will be responsible for making sure the day-to-day operations of Gemini's offices run smoothly and in line with the company's culture. The ideal candidate has a desire to make an immediate impact focused on creating and sustaining a supportive environment for our employees.
This position is full-time and in-person at Gemini’s office in New York City, and will report to the Manager of Office Services.
- Create and maintain a clean, organized, and enjoyable environment for all Gemini employees
- Meet with vendors to oversee necessary repairs to upkeep office conditions
- Coordinate with various departments on office equipment and shipping/mailing needs
- Address employee queries regarding office management issues or needs, office entry needs, employee/visitor registration needs
- Kitchen maintenance - taking inventory, and placing orders for consumables as well as office supplies
- Adhere to office budget while ensuring accurate and timely expense reporting
- Maximize the company’s assets to promote Gemini's company culture
- Provide general hospitality support to external visitors
- Assist in planning and executing in-house or offsite activities (e.g., lunches, team outings, celebrations and conferences)
- Curious about crypto and NFTs!
- Passion for creating a positive and welcoming work environment
- Confident verbal communication and professional written communication
- Strong multitasking skills and experience successfully solving complex problems from end-to-end
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and ability to wear many hats
- Comfort with moderate physical action related to organizing and reorganizing tasks
- Ability to prioritize and tackle tasks in an efficient and timely manner with keen attention to detail
- Willingness to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and G-suite (e.g., Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Pay Rate: The hourly pay rate for this role is $32/hour in New York City. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?