Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention and regulatory compliance in a complex and evolving environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting-edge tools and processes. This role will have the opportunity to help build and enhance processes for Gemini’s signature crypto-rewards credit card and Nifty Gateway.
The Role: Associate, Compliance (Credit Card & Nifty Gateway)
As a Compliance Associate at Gemini, you will be the ultimate generalist and will be tasked with helping scale and maintain Gemini’s credit card and Nifty compliance programs. You will add value by responding to audit, partner bank, and regulatory requests and lead efforts to address, track, and remediate compliance issues and customer complaints. The Compliance Associate will have a strong resourceful aptitude for organization, applying rules and regulations in real-time scenarios as well as collaboration
with inter-departmental business unit owners, and fostering a culture of compliance throughout the organization.
You will also assist with all aspects of compliance, sanctions, and fraud prevention related to NFT project listings. You will collaborate with and advise Nifty Gateway leadership on compliance issues facing a disruptive emerging technology in order to help Nifty Gateway build out a nimble and scalable Compliance program.
The ideal candidate will have a background in consumer financial compliance or AML/sanctions at a credit card company, FinTech or other financial services setting. A general working knowledge of consumer regulations such as BSA/AML, sanctions, fraud, ECOA, TILA, UDAAP, FRCA, among others is preferred. This position will have the opportunity to be exposed to senior management and the Board by managing presentation materials, KPIs, and official minutes.
- Support day-to-day compliance operations for the credit card and Nifty Gateway product lines
- Review escalations from transaction monitoring and screening tools and make recommendations based on defined risk thresholds
- Take a leading role in identifying, mapping out, documenting, and rating controls and risks as part of our Risk Assessment program
- Conduct testing of controls related to AML, fraud, sanctions, KYC, CIP, and consumer compliance and lead efforts to enhance such controls as well as policies, procedures, and processes
- Respond to audit, partner bank, and regulatory requests
- Lead efforts to address, track, and remediate customer complaints
- Help oversee the issue management framework and ensure timely remediation of any open issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional areas on implementation of regulatory changes with a resourceful and strategic approach
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in regulated finance or fintech industry with a focus on regulatory compliance
- Working Knowledge of consumer credit regulations (FCRA, TILA, ECOA, UDAAP, ect.)
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of AML, sanctions, fraud requirements/controls including CIP, KYC, and EDD best practices
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively across different teams and departments
- Flexibility working across multiple projects and tasks in a fast-growth environment
- Ability to work independently
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary range for this role is between $75,000 - $104,000 in New York City, the State of California and the State of Washington. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Something looks off?