FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and our goal is to create connection as a human-first workplace. Our teams have adopted different working environments based on how they collaborate best. Some are fully remote and others are truly hybrid - it all comes down to what's best for the team and for everyone FreshBooks builds for.
The Opportunity - Financial Accountant
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, you will be part of the Accounting, Reporting and Compliance Team. The Financial Accountant will be involved in general accounting functions and preparing month-end internal and external reporting.
This role is hybrid, meaning that the team comes together in the office once per week.
What You'll Do as a Financial Accountant
- Prepare journal entries and perform month-end reconciliations. You are a key player in the month-end close process.
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of the company's budget and reforecasts, as well as ad-hoc internal schedules.
- Assist in the tie-out of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist with interim and year-end financial audits.
- Participate in the cross-training program and support the team as required.
- Participate in the review of internal processes. Make continuous improvements to financial processes.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years full-cycle accounting experience preparing journal entries and performing reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience creating process improvements
- Exceptional time management skills which allows for the ability to produce deliverables in short timeframes.
- A strong sense of ownership, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
- A strong attention to detail.
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Experience with Netsuite and Excel is an asset.
- Enrolment in CPA program is good to have.
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our full time employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and those without access to a FreshBooks office receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. Comprehensive company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.