Director of Product, Identity Protection
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Director of Product to manage our Identity Protection offering - a strategic part of Forter’s Digital Trust Platform product suite - reporting to the VP of Product Management.
As the Director of Product Management, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our product vision, driving innovation and ensuring our product market fit. You will work closely with a team of talented product managers and cross-functional teams to create and execute an effective go-to-market strategy, as well as deliver a world-class product that meets the needs of our customers. You are an exceptional partner, comfortable leading a cross functional team, highly analytical, curious and detail oriented, customer-focused, and will be able to work independently in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for defining the vision & long-term roadmap for the product offering while influencing a variety of cross functional stakeholders and delivering complex, global projects end-to-end
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competition, and customer needs to identify opportunities for product improvement and innovation
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies, product positioning, and pricing strategies
- Serve as the domain expert and go-to-person for our Identity Protection product. This includes being the product evangelist, supporting Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams in various customer/market facing engagements
- Define customer goals and success criteria for releases. Track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of product launches and iterate based on performance data
- Provide clear business and product requirements, collaborating with other Product Managers, designers, engineers, and analysts to ensure our roadmap addresses the market needs
What you’ll need:
- Proven product leader with 9+ years of experience as a Sr. Product Manager, 6+ years working in the Identity space
- Proven ability to successfully define and deliver quality products in line with the company strategy, as well as meeting business objectives and budget targets
- Proven ability to manage complex projects across multiple teams providing all relevant deliverables to ensure a seamless product launch
- Translate product strategy and key customer and market requests into a business case with detailed product requirements
- Define and execute successful GTM strategy, ensuring the product value is clear to the market and the internal teams
- Proven experience launching products from POC/Beta to General Availability and meeting the KPIs
- Domain expert in the Identity space
- Familiar with Identity protocol: OIDC, OAuth, and SAML
- Familiar with Step Up authentication technologies, standards, frameworks, and trends (FIDO, OAuth Step Up standard, Passwordless login)
- Familiar with CIAM/IAM systems and their architecture
- Ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams. Experience working with senior stakeholders from Marketing, CS, Sales, BD, R&D, as well as C-suite executives
- Excellent collaboration consensus building and facilitation skills. Specifically, demonstrated ability to process large amounts of inconsistent information and drive forward decisions based on an objective fact base
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful results in the same or similar position at another B2B company
- Experience working at a high-growth company
- Self-starter with the ability to work through ambiguity and do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
Would be very cool if you have:
- Familiarity with identity threat intelligence, detection, and response tools
- Technical experience such as designing APIs for SaaS services and familiarity with frameworks and tools for processing and storing large data sets
- Experience working with online retail customers
- Certified Identity Professional CIDPRO certification
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Home office allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary Range: $200,000 - $265,000 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.