Director of Financial Enterprise Systems
About the role:
Forter is seeking a Director of Financial Systems who will manage the full ecosystem of all finance systems. In this role, you must have the ability to develop integrated system design solutions, communicate relevant emerging system trends and technology, and translate requirements into technical deliverables. Reporting to the VP of Accounting and working closely with Accounting, Finance, Revenue, and People teams, you will focus on the efficiency and scalability of all workflows of the finance processes from a technology perspective. This position will be based in NYC.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own all aspects of our financial systems including data integrity, new feature recommendation, financial reporting, user security, controls, troubleshooting, and third-party integrations
- Work with the stakeholders (Accounting, FP&A, IT, Legal, People, and Revenue Operations to name a few), leading them through transformative discovery, design, implementation, and execution process
- Provide technical leadership on system development methodologies, business initiatives / issues, and the implications for technologies, business solutions, practices, or processes.
- Review existing solutions and perform gap analysis against desired functionality. Determine and update optimization strategies based on existing and emerging technologies, products, and platforms. Propose solutions and identify resource requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with team members during discovery stages to research and understand challenges and drive towards effective solutions
- Drive the research, configuration, and monitoring of financial system-related internal controls, processes and policies
- Maintain a documentation database of financial system processes changes, role-based access, and any customizations
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience implementing, architecting, designing, supporting, and optimizing ERP and other financial systems – such as NetSuite, Salesforce, AP automation solutions, and HRIS.
- 5+ years of in depth expertise with NetSuite OneWorld, preferably SuiteFoundations certified. Experience with design of enterprise integration systems, and proven ability to create integration diagrams and use cases preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Management Information Systems
- Working with a multi-entity global NetSuite instance required
- Experience managing complex, high-impact projects with large, cross-functional teams and diverse stakeholders Previous experience working in a startup/high-growth environment preferred
- Understanding of accounting and finance processes including Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report
- Knowledge of internal controls and SOX Compliance
- Strong project management expertise
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Home office allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary Range: $178,500.00 - $241,500.00 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.