Senior Director, Institutional Sales
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Our Senior Directors are in charge of owning client relationships and delivering on transaction outcomes making them an integral piece to Forge’s revenue growth and success in the private markets. As such, intimate knowledge of client relationships in capital markets is an absolute must-have, and familiarity with deal execution with institutional clients is a major plus particularly with longer duration transactions such as the private placements space in which we operate. We’re looking for a creative, and self-starting, institutional sales professional with a client first mindset combined with a passion for giving those clients access to the most innovative startups in the world. If you’re aligned with our core values of being bold, accountable, and humble and put your clients above self in every interaction, we would love to hear from you!
Role Location: New York, NY. This is a hybrid role based out of our NYC office.
- Monetize existing client relationships and own your outcomes by bringing relationships from deal match to confirmation and close
- Develop new relationships with hedge funds, asset managers, wealth management platforms, angel investors, and other buy-side clients.
- Build ongoing relationships with sellers, including individuals, venture capital/private equity firms, and their limited partners by regularly engaging and meeting with your clients
- Expand Forge's access to relevant networks, such as Silicon Valley communities, HNW individuals, angel groups, and family offices.
- Manage, automate and scale inbound and outbound client engagement inquiries in collaboration with the growth engineering teams.
- Demonstrate expertise, provide market insights, and oversee the transaction process to align demand and supply, working with operations, legal, and stakeholders for successful outcomes.
- Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in a sales role in financial services with a focus in institutional sales and/or private placements
- Experience in venture capital and private equity
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses
- Relentless commitment to client service above all else with meticulous attention to client engagement and deal process
- Bachelor’s degree in an area such as finance, economics or business
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- Secondary transaction experience preferred
For residents of New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $150,000 - $500,000 depending on individual performance. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on candidate experience and expertise, individual performance, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.