IT Support Engineer Lead
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
The Forge IT Operations team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the corporate infrastructure that delivers reliable, secure operation of our corporate IT ecosystem and SaaS services.
In this role, we are looking for a highly capable IT Support Lead to provide technical assistance to our workforce. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, enhancing system performance, and securing data. You will also be required to advise on IT equipment upgrades.
To ensure success as an IT Support Lead, you must have extensive experience providing information technology support in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely across the IT Operation team to continuously improve and automate our ability to perform and adjust to new challenges.
You love working with a skilled, energetic, and motivated team and are passionate about providing high-quality operational support while continuously improving quality, automating, and honing your skills. You are motivated, goal-oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator.
You will strive to implement a strategy of service management and operational best practices relevant to Forge’s corporate infrastructure. Required to be onsite 2-3 days in our San Francisco Office
Our Team Values:
- Customer Service - Great customer service; always ready and willing to support our team.
- Automation Everywhere - Automation is the key to efficiency and opens space for innovation.
- Smart Self-Service - It isn’t enough to have an efficient IT Ops team, we need to enable others to quickly resolve issues.
- Awareness - Delivering world class customer service, safely automating, and delivering smart self-service systems requires a heightened operational awareness to ensure proactive management.
- Teamwork – We value collaboration and teamwork to drive better decision making and ensure alignment.
- Knowledge Sharing - Openness in sharing knowledge and expertise with teammates helps everyone get better.
- Providing IT assistance to our distributed workforce.
- Manage ticket queues and prioritize escalations based on established SLA's and resource availability.
- Address escalations from first level support.
- As a Level 2 role, mentor first level support on use of newest technologies and continuous enhancement of support practices.
- Device administration using MDM tools (Intune, JAMF, or Kandji)
- Write end-user procedures to promote self-help via Forge’s Intranet.
- Train end-users on hardware functionality and software programs.
- Update computer software as well as upgrading hardware and systems.
- Advanced administration of SaaS services such as Slack, Microsoft 365, Atlassian, Okta and Zoom.
- Must be in a IT lead/Level 2 role for at least six months to a year
- 3-5 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Ability to provide friendly, customer-focused support
- Exceptional ability to understand technical level and provide the necessary support to resolve queries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- General understanding of network protocols (DNS & DHCP)
- Experienced in support & troubleshooting Windows, macOS, and mobile devices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Technologies.
- Skilled at written and verbal communication.
- Networking configuration, troubleshooting, and support.
- VoIP technology configuration and support.
- A/V conferencing configuration and support
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Device provisioning and configuration: Mac, Windows, and Mobile Devices.
- Consulting with IT operations team and other departments for improved technical or architectural issues as required.
- Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office or home office setting while working
- Must be able to work onsite 2-3 days a week in our SF office.
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA the annual salary range for this role is $105,000-$110,000 + bonus + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.