Senior System Engineer
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
The Forge IT Operations team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the corporate infrastructure that delivers reliable, secure operation of our corporate IT ecosystem and SaaS services.
In this role, you will be responsible for the hands-on configuration and administration of the endpoint infrastructure and network to ensure that Forge employees can efficiently and securely perform their day-to-day duties. The Senior Microsoft 365 Engineer will design, implement, maintain, and support our growing endpoints and network. You will be part of the IT Operations team responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, available infrastructure architectures that meet our business objectives. You will work closely across the IT Operation team to continuously improve and automate our ability to perform and adjust to new challenges. You love working with a skilled, energetic, and motivated team and are passionate about providing high-quality operational support while continuously improving quality, automating, and honing your skills. While being motivated, goal-oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator. You will strive to implement a strategy of service management and operational best practices relevant to Forge’s corporate infrastructure with a strategic view to meet the current needs while considering future direction.
In this role, you will be called upon to display initiative toward improvement and optimization. Our ideal candidate will have over five years of experience managing network infrastructure and endpoints, experience with Microsoft Intune, and Cisco Meraki, Juniper, and Ubiquiti network technologies with excellent documentation, communication, and project management skills, and aspires to join a high-performance team of technology enthusiasts providing quality customer service and effective technical solutions, in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
You must live in the Bay Area to be considered for the role
- Provide administration, maintenance, and technical support of Azure AD/Intune, Automox, and Slack with extended support and administration of other key systems such as Microsoft 365, Okta, 1Password, Zoom, Egnyte, Asana, HubSpot, and Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Identify, plan, and architect supported IT Operations systems and ensure IT systems and operational processes align with industry best practices and regulatory and compliance requirements
- Perform daily operations tasks such as monitoring IT systems, working on requests/incidents or project-related tasks, resolving unpatched or vulnerable assets, and responding to alerts or incidents
- Configure and install various network devices (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, access points, VPN)
- Keep computers and network devices up to date by performing maintenance and deploying upgrades, including service packs, patches, hotfixes, and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability. Provide escalation support to help resolve issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the infrastructure
- 7+ years of experience in an IT Operations role and a minimum 5+ years of experience working as an IT Systems Engineer/administrator or similar role, preferably within a medium/large scale public organization
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of Azure AD, Intune, and Endpoint Management for the management of Windows 10/11 and macOS endpoints
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of network management, configuration, and architecture
- Experience with Microsoft 365 technologies configuration, and administration. (e.g., Azure AD/Intune, Defender, Exchange)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, IKEv1/2, 802.11)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office or home office setting while working
- Located in San Francisco Bay Area
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Understanding and/or familiarity working with APIs for system integrations or automation work and intermediate to advanced scripting experience using Python, Bash, or PowerShell highly desired
- Advanced knowledge of macOS and Windows 10/11 end-user operating systems, along with the following types of activities:
- Device configurations utilizing MDM (Mobile Device Management) systems
- Application package management
- Anti-malware (reports, incidents, resolution, definition updates, etc.)
- System logs (investigative review, report generation)
- Knowledge of tools used in ITSM environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading process improvement and organization change initiatives
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA the annual salary range for this role is $110,000 - $145,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.