Vice President, Index Client Solutions
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
As a client facing member of the Index and Investment Solutions team, you’ll be responsible for driving growth, retention and the commercialization strategy for Forge’s private indexing capabilities. You'll be Forge's index subject matter expert for internal stakeholders and all external clients. If you align to our core vales of being bold, accountable, and humble, and want to bring your index expertise to Forge to help build the future of the private markets, we'd love to hear from you!
- Identify and engage early adopters, including established index providers, asset managers, structured product / sell-side desks, and data providers.
- Lead and manage index research & development and help identify partnership opportunities.
- Develop and implement index commercialization strategy, lead discussions with prospects, customers, and strategic partners and collaborate and obtain buy-ins from internal stakeholders.
- Gain a deep understanding of Forge’s index and derived product offerings to help drive product roadmap by capturing feedback from clients and prospects.
- Understand client’s investment process, needs and use cases to better assist with the ongoing usage of our index products and data requests.
- Be the index subject matter expert and point of contact for all internal stakeholders – including Research, Marketing, Sales, Legal & Compliance, Product Design & Engineering.
- Partner with Marketing to design and launch targeted campaigns, identify and participate in industry events, lead workshops and seminars within the client community.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure product and commercial policy contracts and materials align with index best practices and regulatory environment.
- Partner with Data Sales teams to ensure commercial policy contracts and materials align and collaborate with our overall Data strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in index research and development, or similar capacity, with proven success in a client facing role
- Bachelor’s degree Finance, Business Administration or Economics. Advanced degree preferred
- Deep and working knowledge of index investing and competitive landscape with prior experience as an index / investment strategist
- Experience in developing commercial pricing and policies for contracting financial market data products such as index data, fund licensing, derived data use cases, redistribution of proprietary data
- Familiarity with the private markets is a plus; a strong desire to learn and solve problems in the private asset class is essential.
- Excellent communication skills to evangelize data product offerings, proven interpersonal skills, and persuasive influence while working with internal and external clients
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $240,000 - $250,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.