Machine Learning Engineer
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
We are seeking a talented and passionate Machine Learning Engineer to join our scalable machine learning and AI engineering team. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will design, build, and deploy scalable and efficient machine learning systems to solve complex problems.
- Collaborate with data scientists, product management, data engineers, and software engineers to understand requirements and translate them into scalable machine-learning solutions.
- Develop data preprocessing pipelines, including data cleaning, feature extraction, and transformation, to ensure data quality and suitability for machine learning models.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms, models, and architectures to address specific business needs.
- Train, validate, and optimize models using large datasets, ensuring high performance and generalization.
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate machine learning models into production systems, ensuring scalability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Conduct experiments and perform A/B testing to evaluate model performance and iteratively improve the algorithms.
- Monitor and maintain deployed models, addressing any issues related to model drift, bias, or performance degradation.
- Stay updated on emerging trends and advancements in machine learning, AI, and related technologies, and apply them to enhance existing systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively to align technical solutions with business goals.
- 3+ years of building machine learning models for business application experience
- PhD/Master's degree in appropriate discipline
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with neural deep learning methods and machine learning
- Experience with modeling tools such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, numpy, pandas, scipy etc.
- 5+ years of applied research experience
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services, or Similar, and DevOps tooling
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $180,000 - $195,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, bonus, and other factors
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.