Senior Software Engineer (Tech Lead)
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Forge’s software engineering team is passionate about innovation and building scalable solutions that drive liquidity and growth in the private market. Our teams are leveraging a broad range of new technologies and are well-versed in delivering high quality, innovative solutions. We thrive on moving fast, delivering value, and living our values of being bold, humble, and accountable.
We are seeking passionate engineers with at least 6 years of experience delivering innovative software solutions that are scalable, secure, and easy to maintain. The ideal candidate thrives in team settings, enjoys pair programming, and focuses on delivering value.
We are a full stack shop and our current primary web applications are React, Ruby on Rails, and C#.
- Perform solution discovery in a team environment to ensure informed decisions and buy-in
- Design, implement, and maintain responsive full stack web applications
- Communicate with stakeholders. Work with Architects, Tech Leads, Product, and Design members to arrive at solutions that produce customer and business value.
- Coach and grow junior engineers. Mentor members of the development team on internal and external frameworks, software development best practices, and new technologies.
- Develop concise, articulate, and detailed documentation
- Leverage Agile and other iterative development practices
- Lead a workstream, gather requirements, and plan actionable tasks for the team
- Design, build and maintain automated unit and integration tests
- Support healthy system operations and ensure high levels of availability are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of working experience in the field
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with statically typed Object-Oriented programming and IDE, such as .NET Core or Java Spring
- Experience with SQL / Relational Databases
- Experience interpreting and contributing to system design
- Experience developing multi-tier web applications using modern technique
- Proven track-record of teamwork and delivery
- Fintech or Financial services industry experience with working knowledge of financial regulators and their concerns
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with iterative development models
- Experience developing in React or Rails is a plus
- Experience with Event-Driven architectures a big plus
- Experience at high-growth, venture-backed startups is a plus
- Working knowledge of the private market is a plus
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting or in home office setting while working
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range this role is $155,000 - $175,000 + annual bonus + equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?