Senior IT Automation & Systems Administrator
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
The Forge IT Operations team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the corporate infrastructure that delivers reliable, secure operation of our corporate IT ecosystem and SaaS services.
In this role, you will be responsible for the hands-on configuration and administration of various hardware and software components (primarily SaaS and IaaS) to ensure that Forge employees can efficiently and securely perform their day-to-day duties.
You naturally develop and automate systems and processes to scale. You will work closely across the IT Operation team to continuously improve and automate our ability to perform and adjust to new challenges.
You love working with a skilled, energetic, and motivated team and are passionate about providing high-quality operational support while continuously improving quality, automating, and honing your skills. You are motivated, goal-oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator.
You will strive to implement a strategy of service management and operational best practices relevant to Forge’s corporate infrastructure with a strategic view to meet the current needs while considering future direction. You will promote and champion the benefits of Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Knowledge Management, and other IT Service Management processes.
- Exploring and implementing new ways to automate IT systems. Consistent delivery of process improvement and automation enhancements
- Operational day-to-day administration of a variety of SaaS services: Okta, Slack, M365, Zoom, Atlassian, etc.
- End Point provisioning and configuration: MacOS, Windows, iOS, and Android
- Networking configuration and support: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Routers, Firewalls, SDWan
- General technology troubleshooting, and Helpdesk escalations
- Mentoring service and process managers on ITSM concepts
- Develop performance measures and consistently report metrics
- And any other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of system administration experience
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Active Directory configuration, and administration
- Experience with MDM solutions such as Microsoft Intune, Jamf , Kandji, Workspace One
- Must be able to sit and/or stand in an office or remote setting for long periods of time while working
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated experience in leading process improvement and organization change initiatives.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Mac, Windows, and iOS configuration and administration
- Experience with scripting languages and automation tools
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework and have managed ongoing operations of Service Management processes
- Knowledge of tools used in ITSM environment
The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This individual will need to be onsite between one to three days per week.
CALIFORNIA ONLY: The annual salary range for this role is $130,000-$150,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, annual bonus, and other factors.
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?