Senior Director, Institutional Marketing
At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Our mission is to empower more people to exercise ownership in the world’s leading private companies via a world-class technology platform with access to the largest network of buyers and sellers in the world. With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way. You can learn more about Forge in the following video: “The private market future starts now”.
Forge’s marketing team works across the company to deliver high velocity & industry-leading customer content, digital experiences, growth campaigns, and customer engagement to drive strategic marketing outcomes and commercial goals.
The Senior Director of Institutional Marketing will play an integral role in deepening Forge’s awareness and engagement with institutional investors. In this role, you will lead Forge’s content strategy to reach this critical target audience across every possible channel. The ideal candidate has experience creating sales and marketing content for institutional investors, and can bring that expertise to Forge’s private market offering to drive communications that resonate with the unique nature of this audience.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading all content creation for institutional investors. This includes creating the high-level frameworks and messaging territories for new content franchises, followed up by execution across assets like sales materials, white papers, thought leadership, video scripts, and more.
The ideal candidate has experience working directly with institutional investors and sales teams, and is deeply knowledgeable about institutional sales and trading practices, financial data that investors use to make decisions and manage portfolios, and how institutions make decisions.
- Customer Centricity: Brings a deep understanding of and expertise with institutional investors to bear on how Forge goes to market. Drives a deeper collective understanding and empathy around this target audience across the Forge business, building artifacts, training, and alignment on who we are talking to, what they need, and how we should engage with them. Serve as an internal “voice of the customer” with cross-functional teams such as growth marketing, growth product, and more
- Customer Segmentation and Persona Development: Build on Forge’s existing work to codify institutional customer segments for marketing and product purposes at the segment, sub-segment, and individual level and expand this work to individual personas. Partner with the product organization to gain consensus around segmentation and persona development. Evangelize these segments and personas throughout the organization
- Messaging Framework: Develop Forge’s messaging framework for institutional investors, creating the foundational messages, vocabulary, tone of voice, and positioning that Forge uses when communicating with this audience. Own the end-to-end experience, partnering with channel owners to execute effectively
- Content Strategy: Develop and drive Forge’s institutional content strategy. This includes developing ideas and messaging structures for content franchises, information architecture of different pieces of content, and managing a calendar of content production
- Content Execution: Lead the execution of institutional content, leveraging a network of internal and external content creators and creating content yourself as needed. Serve as a sort of “player-coach” or “reporter-editor” -- occasionally writing the messaging, while leveraging others as often as possible
- Content Distribution: Work cross-functionally to distribute and analyze the performance of institutional content, leveraging channels across paid, earned, and owned media
- 10+ years of relevant institutional investor marketing and content creation experience
- Passionate about content – from the idea to the execution to the delivery to the analysis
- Effective communicator and relationship builder with a passion for collaborating with multiple teams toward success
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- A hands-on contributor who is not afraid to get into the weeds and focus on the details
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office or home office setting while working
For residents of San Francisco/Bay Area, CA or New York, NY the annual salary range for this role is $200,000 - $235,000 + bonus & equity. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, bonus, and other factors
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?