iOS Engineer - India
As iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for developing applications for devices powered by the IOS operating system. You will be an active contributor to the development of IOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will also convert UX and UI designs to products
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of professional business applications for the IOS platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features in a dynamic work environment.
- Work with external data sources/ APIs, unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on fixing bugs and improving application responsiveness, quality and performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to improve development efficiency.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Swift/Objective C code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Competence and Skills Required:
- Strong knowledge of IOS SDK, different versions of IOS, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect IOS applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of IOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source IOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Apple’s IOS design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timeliness of product build
- Clarity of documentation
- Quality of written codes
- Customer Satisfaction with product
- Short Cycle time (Time spent working on an issue)
- High velocity rate (Number of features delivered in a period)
- Fast backlog burn rate
- QA Kickback rate
- No of escaped bugs
- Defect removal efficiency
- Response time to customers enquiries and complaints across all channels