Construction Project Manager
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for planning and supervising a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The ideal candidate must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals with varying disciplines to achieve the best results. The Construction Project Manager will have an analytical mind and meets project deadlines, with attention to detail, accuracy, and budget. This person should possess great organizational skills.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, and specialty consultants to determine the scope of work and feasibility
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to meet budget targets
- Identify where permits and licenses are required based. Obtain from appropriate authorities as necessary
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Manage logistics of receiving materials, furniture and equipment, and monitor stocks
- Hire qualified and licensed contractors and allocate responsibilities
- Ensure effective supervision of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports indicating budget implications, variances, schedules, and risks
- Maintain health and safety standards and report issues
- Collaborate with Community Management to communicate to residents and building staff project commencement, impact to building operations, and projected completion
- Perform field inspections to supervise ongoing projects and report progress
- Assist the Head of Facilities and Capital Projects tin problem solving operational concerns with Property Management, Asset Management, and Facilities Management
- Coordinate internal reviews; maintain project status information/logs; schedule and organize internal and external workflow
- Prepare presentations and provide weekly status updates on projects to the internal operations team
- Travel and onsite supervision will be required 40-50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Project Management, or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience and management of multiple sites across various cities
- Working knowledge of relevant code requirements typical for multi-family projects
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in varying development phases
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, materials, and project management
- Knowledge of quality and health and safety standards
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skillsExcellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or alternate construction project planning tools, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam and Sketch Up or related software is a plus
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
See more open positions at flow.life
Something looks off?