Interior Designer - Multifamily
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
About the Company
Flow aims to create a superior living environment that enhances the lives of our residents and communities by developing, acquiring, owning, and managing multifamily apartment buildings and the services and technology inside those buildings.
Fulfilling our mission will require an exceptional group of people whose collective output is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Our team members are energized by the opportunity to impact our residents’ lives in meaningful ways. They are bold and creatively ambitious, driven by relentlessly high standards, act with a sense of urgency and accountability, and always, above all, operate with integrity, loyalty, and trust.
About the Role
As an Interior Designer, you will be the creative force behind our capital projects. You will focus on developing captivating designs, maintaining specification schedules, and finding innovative cost-saving solutions for our multifamily apartment buildings’ common areas and amenities. Collaborating with external architects, you’ll bring designs to life and ensure they align with your brand vision. You will also work closely with Construction Managers to manage budgets and timelines and create seamless project execution.
- Develop programming design to support Schematic Design (SD) and Design Development (DD)
- Attend regular meetings with the leadership team to discuss design intent across all active capital projects
- Coordinate between capital projects and operations teams to design and program common areas with both brand-aligned aesthetics and operational efficiency
- Maintain specification schedules of all design selections (furniture, fabrics, finishes, detailing, artwork, etc.)
- Contact vendors to obtain pricing, lead times, and available discounts on all specification schedule items
- Organize and maintain project samples, sample binders, design library, and project files
- Maintain running presentations of mood boards and design materials specific to areas within each capital project
- Research and present alternative but similar design specifications to achieve cost savings
- Collaborate with external Architects to produce SD & DD sets
- Draft Revit models and drawings that convey approved programming with FF&E, built-ins, etc
- Submit drafts for both operations approval & design approval prior to submission to Architects
- Review SDs & DDs from Architects to ensure alignment with brand design and programming guidelines
- Work with Construction Managers to manage all design-related budgets and timelines
- Establish project timelines, quantities, and required delivery schedules in coordination with the project team
- Follow up on sample requests, purchase orders, and design orders
- Ensure accuracy between interior design specifications and purchase orders
- Manage the reconciliation efforts, which include resolving any discrepancies, obtaining all supplier and carrier invoices and/or credits, and submitting them to the accounting department for immediate processing
- Proactively and effectively communicate to the projects team and the supplier any lead-time conflicts and manage the successful execution of product deliveries
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or related field
- 3+ years of experience working as an Interior Designer, specifically in commercial and residential interiors
- Proficiency with design software, such as Revit, CAD, Enscape, and Adobe Suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to convey complex concepts and strategies in written form
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to carry multiple projects to completion simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain effective working relationships with consultants, peers, and the leadership team
- Wide knowledge of interior architectural detailing (trim work, floor/wall/ceiling details, stair details, etc.) and joinery detailing (millwork)
- Knowledge of interior finish sources, hardware, equipment, lighting, etc.
- Knowledge of FF&E specifications and experience in all aspects of the FF&E process
- Experience in luxury hotels, condos, and/or multifamily real estate preferred
Work sample request: Please do not submit Issuu work samples. Please ensure that portfolios are under 20 MB.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
• Paid-Time Off
• Commuter benefits
• 401(k) Plan
Flow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, Veteran status any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.