Senior Software Engineer - Mobile and Web
Flex is an early-stage, remote-first FinTech startup that is creating the best rent payment experience. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2023 and paying rent on time is expensive, inflexible, and difficult. We’re here to change that! We enable our users to pay rent throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances and budget. Our mission is to empower as many renters as possible with flexibility over their most significant recurring expense. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we are looking for motivated individuals to help us keep our mission growing in 2023. Will you be a part of the team?
What you'll bring:
A minimum of 4 years experience in React.js or React Native is required for this position.
Skills that are required:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- A strong focus on building high quality mobile and web UIs to specifications
- Experience with various architectures and tools within the React Native and React ecosystems (Hooks, Components, Context, Redux).
- Experience leading and delivering products at a large scale without performance bottlenecks (hundreds of thousands to millions of users)
- Write maintainable code that uses industry best practices to improve the entire software development life cycle (unit testing, linting, automation).
- Ability to write well-documented and testable TypeScript code
- Familiarity with REST API’s and tooling across web and mobile architectures
- Collaborating with engineers across multiple teams to improve code quality
- Able to mentor engineers in using best practices for software development
- Prior experience working on cross functional teams
- Proficient with TypeScript (Bonus: Native iOS/Android)
- Experience with CI/CD to improve code stability and code quality
- Experience with IDE’s such as Android Studio & XCode & VSCode
- Familiar with Android / iOS / Web development tool ecosystem
- Motivated to help other engineers succeed and be effective
The national pay range for this role is $170,000-$190,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience aligned with Flex's internal leveling guidelines and benchmarks.
Life at Flex:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off + company paid holidays
- Parental leave + IVF and adoption support
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription
Something looks off?