Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the Role:
Finix is looking for a driven and diligent individual to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to our Head of Finance, the Senior Accountant will support the accounting and finance organization’s day-to-day needs by ensuring transactions are reported accurately, accounts are reconciled, and financial statements are prepared timely. The Senior Accountant must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), keen attention to detail, sound judgment, and eagerness to learn and contribute to a fast-growing company.
This role is located in our San Francisco office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations as part of the monthly close process
- Provide daily support to the settlement reconciliation process with internal groups in operations, product, and client relationship management to ensure financial transactions are recorded, reconciled, and settled timely.
- Ensure payments are made timely to our vendors, including referral partners and customer payouts
- Oversee cash collection and prepare customer invoices, as appropriate
- Maintain documentation, records, analyses, and financial reports that validate the financial statements are complete and accurate
- Produce financial reporting in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP)
- File quarterly sales taxes
- Work with external auditors and tax advisors with the completion of the annual audit and tax returns
- Respond to information requests and meet reporting deadlines
- Assist the Director of Strategy & BizOps as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Payments or Fintech Experience preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and familiarity with systems that support accounts payable, expense reporting, and payroll (i.e., Ramp, Paylocity, etc.)
- Enjoys data analysis (Excel, pivot tables, vlookup, etc.) and sharing business insights in addition to the day-to-day accounting activities
- Acts with integrity and discretion
- Experience in Inventory Management is preferred, but not required
- Prior work experience in payment companies is preferred, but not required
- Prioritizes competing workloads and meets tight deadlines
- Enjoys solving problems and serving customers of the finance organization, internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Team player
Finix is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Role: Senior Accountant
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary Range: $119,000/yr to $146,000/yr + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.