San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Move money. Make money. Finix processes billions of dollars every year for leading SaaS, marketplace, and e-commerce platforms. With one developer-friendly API, Finix helps companies accept payments, manage payouts, and onboard merchants—everything you need to enable payment processing, and grow revenue.
Finix has raised over $100M from American Express Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Inspired Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Visa, and others.
About the role
As a member of the Technical Services Team and a Solution Engineer, you are on the front line and representing Finix to our customers. You will interact with customers daily and help them on their path to processing payments. This is a customer-facing, cross-functional role and you will be collaborating across multiple teams including but not limited to our Revenue, Product, and Engineering teams. You will be guiding our customers through technical solutions and best practices to ensure they are leveraging our solutions correctly while providing a great customer experience.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about moving money and providing an amazing customer experience. Additionally, successful candidates are natural problem-solvers, critical thinkers, and show a curiosity about how the industry works. They are excited to help our customers build their own perfect payments stack. Strong acumen for API solution management, technical best practices, development, and technical project management.
- Partner with Account Executives during the pre-sales process and deliver presentations on Finix products and services along with supporting them with all technical related queries
- Successfully implement Finix APIs end to end as it relates to our products and services, consulting technical solutions, development resources, and best practices
- Troubleshoot, debug, and document technical customer issues and solutions
- Build strong relationships with Finix customers, work with them to resolve their issues including identifying product gaps and enhancement, and work to implement solutions and improvements
- Act as a customer advocate in cross-functional product meetings, raising blockers and risks to implement Finix products and services for our customers
- Collaborate with the Revenue, Product, and Engineering teams on projects, features, and tasks along with managing priorities to unblock customers to help them have a successful experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar experience (Open to DevBootcamp graduates and non-college graduates with working technical customer-facing experience)
- Have 3 to 5 years of technical customer experience in technical implementation, sales engineering, product technical support, or technical project management, with hands-on customer-facing technical experience
- Strong working experience with RESTful JSON APIs, Curl Commands, SQL, scripting languages, debugging, log aggregators, and web technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You believe in being open, honest, and direct in your communications
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment and interacting with a high volume of customers every day, team-oriented, and hungry to learn
- Strong foundational knowledge of APIs and can explain the concept to a five-year-old easily
Bonus points if you have:
- Built web apps using APIs
- Strong knowledge of API development best practices
- Payments experience (Payment Gateway, Acquiring, Issuers, Card Networks)
- Project Management skills
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class.
Role: Solution Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Base Salary Range: $101,000/yr to $137,000/yr + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries at our headquarters in San Francisco, California. Individual pay is determined by work location, job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.