Senior Demand Generation Manager
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA · Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
About The Role
As the first person to own Demand Gen at Finch, you’ll play a key role in building Finch’s marketing foundation. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Senior Demand Gen Manager will own critical KPIs such as MQLs and Opportunity creation, laddering directly to new business revenue goals. Your purview will include key channels such as paid search & paid social, email marketing, account based marketing (ABM), field marketing, conversion rate optimization (CRO) & experimentation, and BDR enablement. You’ll partner closely with stakeholders across sales, marketing, revenue operations, product, success and engineering to accomplish these goals. With great power comes great responsibility – this role will be handling the lionshare of the program marketing budget at Finch due to investments in paid.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Spearhead the definition of “demand generation” at Finch
- Spin up an automated outbound engine to help Finch “prospect” at scale
- Build out our lead lifecycle and nurturing engine in our marketing automation tool, Hubspot
- Unlock paid growth by directing campaigns and creatives, working with our ads agency to accomplish initiatives
- Own our growth experimentation roadmap, including “hacky” initiatives that have the potential to power our next wave of growth
- Help Finch generate meetings and pipeline at target accounts and execute ABM strategy
- Spearhead growth-oriented events objectives and help shape our field marketing strategy
- Refine pipeline generation and ROI measurement instrumentation with the revenue ops team
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of B2B demand, growth, or marketing operations experience
- 2+ years of managing a paid program, including working with design & agencies
- Excellent grasp of marketing automation (Hubspot, Adobe Marketo, Oracle Eloqua, etc.)
- Great collaboration and communication skills, especially with marketing, sales, and product stakeholders, with experience communicating up, down and laterally
- The ability to write great copy – you won’t always have to do all the writing, but you’ll need to be able to write copy that resonates with multiple personas and verticals
- Analytical skills – Gather data and insights to troubleshoot issues and make rock-solid decisions on where to invest
- Good intuition – at an early stage startup, sometimes you don’t have the data you need, so we’re looking for someone with a good “feel” for marketing and can make decisions in the absence of data
- Demonstrated a history of creative problem-solving and executing out of the box campaigns
Great, But Not Required Experience
- ABM program ownership & target account marketing
- People management experience
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.