Finance and Business Operations Generalist
Accounting & Finance, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Finch is looking for a Finance & Business Operations Generalist to build and scale our internal finance operations. This person will work directly with one of the founders to create processes and programs that span all parts of mission-critical business operations. From day-to-day activities such as updating our financial model to more strategic initiatives such as board presentations and running pricing analyses, this person will make a major impact on the way we make decisions at Finch using internal data.
What You Will Do
- Prepare and review financial statements, reports, and analysis
- Manage relationships with external finance software vendors and bookkeepers
- Oversee cash management and treasury functions
- Develop and manage budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements
- Collaborate with other departments to provide financial guidance and support
- Iterate on and maintain invoicing and billing operations
- Assist with fundraising, investor relations, and board-level activities
- Deep dive on strategic projects that can uncover hidden growth opportunities
Who You Are
- 4-6 years of relevant finance or accounting experience in banking, VC, PE, FP&A, Start-up finance etc.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Familiarity with accounting software and financial systems (Brex, Ramp, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- CPA and/or familiarity with SQL both a plus but not required
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
See more open positions at Finch
Something looks off?