Payroll Operations Specialist (Part time, 30 hours per week).
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2022
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Finch is seeking a detail-oriented and knowledgeable Payroll Operations Specialist to join our team on a part-time basis. This person will be responsible for accurately inputting deduction and contribution changes into various payroll systems on behalf of our customers. The ideal candidate must possess extensive knowledge of multiple payroll systems and be proficient in creating, editing, and deleting manual deductions and contributions. A solid understanding of general payroll and benefits concepts, such as payroll cycles and cut-off dates, is essential.
The initial expectations for hours would be up to 30hrs a week.
What You Will Do
- Manually input deduction and contribution changes into multiple payroll systems, ensuring accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- Review and classify large volumes of payroll and benefits data including deduction types, taxes, and benefit contributions.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives by developing comprehensive, step-by-step instructions for accurately implementing deduction and contribution changes in undocumented payroll systems.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience processing payroll and/or benefits for small to medium-sized organizations.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguous situations to resolve complex issues.
- Experience with multiple types of payroll systems (ADP WFN, Paylocity, UKG, etc.)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Benefits Administration systems like Employee Navigator, BenefitFocus, etc.
- Exposure to a fast-paced start-up environment.
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
See more open positions at Finch
Something looks off?